Thursday 19 June 2014

Waiting, waiting...

Today has been a waiting game, and we are still, well, waiting.

The latest ETA on our furry friends' arrival is around 9.30pm - but we need to go and meet them in a village about 20 mins drive from here. So since we need to head out soon, and will probably be back quite late, this is just a short post with a promise of a longer update tomorrow.

We received an email from the couriers this morning to say that they hoped to be with us at around 6pm this evening - but at about 4.20pm they called to let us know they had been delayed with a puncture in Nice and were just having the wheel changed (in Nice), hence the rather late delivery/pick up this evening. The poor cats will be so very fed up.

So, before I leave you until tomorrow, just a quick nature-watch update: I'd dragged myself out of bed to go and exercise this morning and was feeling particularly unmotivated and grumpy, but as I approached the end of the drive on my first run up it I saw a beautiful majestic stag standing at the end of the drive! He scarpered into the trees as soon as he saw me. I tried to convince myself that it had been worth getting out of bed just for that! I've seen plenty of dogs, squirrels, ducks and pigeons on my Bootfitness sessions in the park in Abingdon, but a stag is a somewhat different exercise buddy.

Wish us luck with bringing the cats to their new home!



No comments:

Post a Comment